On March 17, 1991, a referendum on the preservation of the USSR
was held. Like many actions of the authorities since perestroika, it was an act of destruction of the Soviet Union, because its very existence was called into question. Nevertheless, with a turnout of 80%, 78%, including 71% of Russians, supported its preservation. But the will of the people was betrayed
After 32 years of capitalism, we can see that at least the same 71% are the losers, as "Equality" has calculated from the Rosstat data on the dynamics of income.
The average income
of Russians in 2022 was ₽45,300 and ₽38,000 without taxes. Twenty percent of the rich had ₽89,000 and 80% of the rest had ₽26,000.
In the '80s, people were getting rich at an average of 2.3% a year. At this rate, income would be ₽51,000 by 2022. 20% of the rich would have ₽83,500, the rest would have ₽43,000.
As you can see, income in the Russian Federation is 25% less than the likely Soviet level, including the 80% without the rich having 41% less. Those who are at least a little bit better off today, no more than 29%.
The destruction of socialism led to an explosion of inequality. In the 1990s, incomes fell by 2 times, and began to grow after the rise in oil prices (6 times in 2008), on the export of which the nouveau riche rose. If in 1990. 10% of the rich received 4.4 times more
than 10% of the poor, and by 1994 - 15 times more. It is the same now
Over 32 years, Russians have under-received $6.6 trillion, so that 20% have become richer by $1.1 trillion, and the remaining 80% have lost $7.7 trillion.
The 71% who lost income is still a minimum. Russia is missing 26 million people
, "superfluous mouths" according to Chubais, and losing 75%. Secondly, income growth was offset by the reduction of social services and commercialization of services, i.e. the real increase in welfare was lower. Thirdly, the income growth in the USSR that was preserved could have been higher than in the 1980s, against the backdrop of the same increase in oil prices.
Finally, very few people - the oligarchs and their servants - had tidy assets. If in 1990 the 1% had 14% of the wealth, now it's 59% , and that's worse than many in the world.
58% of Russians regret the collapse of the USSR. Among those who were at least a teenager, 75% regret it. https://colonelcassad.livejournal.com/8231046.html